During the summer we all laze around and hang out, we have all the time in the world to do our summer projects, and we gradually get them done. But, when school starts we get bombarded with all these classes, clubs, and responsibilities that we hae to deal with. Here are some tips on getting your work done in a less stressful and more timely manner.
We go home with a pile of homework and what do we do? We get on the computer or hours on end, and then do it in the morning. But, it gets done, right? It may get done, but it's not exactly good for everybody. After going to sleep it's normal for you to forget about things you have to do, also sleeping knowing your daily obligation isn't done can make it harder for you to fall asleep. You know..that feeling.. that you're missing something?
-The best way to do homework, is ASAP, but don't think that you have to do it right away when you get home. Come home grab a snack, check your computer, and then when you're done eating, start your homework. Don't have the internet up while doing so because it is a giant distraction.
- Think up something you want to do after your homework and use that as motivation to get it done. (this can work for anything).
-Make a list of the things you need to do day-to-day and then cross them off when they're done. I always get a little satisfaction. "I only have one more thing to do!"
- Plan outfit/makeup/hair the night before. it makes it alot easier in the mornings.
- Also, I suggest taking showers at night if you don't easily wake in the mornings or if you're hair takes a long time to dry. I like getting my extra sleep.
Some of you may have sports in between school and home, so here are some good tips to getting your work done and doing your sports as well.
-Use the same day-to-day method whenever you get home if you have to do some work.
-But a better idea is that if you have free time after doing your regular work in class. Try doing the homework you got from another class (or that class) instead of gabbing to your friends. You get it done fast and Facebook will be awaiting at home.
-If you are waiting for your ride, look it's a good time to read that book for english class! (or do any other homework). Like I said you can gab and have fun when you get home. But, remember to lighten up a bit, you don't have to do this ALL the time, just when you're in a time crunch.
We all like having fun on the weekends, but we also have work to do.
-Use the reward method, the RIGHT way. Get two subjects done today and I can go out with my friends tonight, and finish the rest on Sunday.
-Here's my thing. If you have weekends like I do (saturday and sunday no school) what I do is, I let Friday be my night to just chill and then do some work on Saturday and Sunday.
Every so often your teacher will give you a project to do, and you don't wanna end up doing it the night before.
- The day you get the project plan out the number of days you have, and then plan what part of the project you are going to do on that day. Having a specific schedule or time to work on it always makes it easier to tell if you're behind.
- Do a little bit everyday. It'll keep you less stressed than if you cram it all in one night.
We all get stressed here's some tips for what to do when you're stressed.
-Step away from what you're doing. Either work on something else, or take a break, when your ready get back to it, breathe, and take your time.
-This tends to be where i get frustrated in math, do as much as you can, and if you can't finish it, it's okay, teacher's usually give points if they see that you tried.
-Take a nap. Set your alarm, too.
-Listen to music, sketch, do anything that relaxes you.
-Wear a rubber band on your arm, if you start to doze off snap it on your wrist, but make it a little one.
- If you are sleepy, splash some cold water on your face, and drink some as well, it's rather refreshing.
I hope these tips have helped.
@lolo1699 requested this.
To request a tip from me, go here: